quinta-feira, 6 de setembro de 2012

Phrasal verbs - challenge yourself


Q1 - Allowing people to smoke in her house goes ....... her principles

in

against

with

Q2 - I know I promised, but I really can't go ...... with it

through

under

off

Q3 - You go ....... and I'll follow later

with

to

ahead

Q4 - She went ........ with flu last week

up

through

down

Q5 - She's brought a couple of friends with her; do you think there's enough food to go .........

to

for

round

Q6 - It's getting late; I think we should go ....... home now

back

with

to

Q7 - I was really surprised when my dog attacked the postman; he really went .... him

to

for

with

Q8 - She went ........ her notes before the exam to try to learn every last detail

round

over

into

Q9 - The price of petrol went ..... by five pence, which made motorists very angry

down

up

through

Q10 - I feel so guilty because he spoke about killing himself, but I never thought that he would go ..... with it.

down

into

through

Q11 - She went ........ politics as soon as she had completed her degree

with

round

into

Q12 - A bomb went ....... in the town centre last night

on

off

to

Q13 - She's been going ...... with her boyfriend since they were at university

out

off

on

Q14 - Do brown shoes go ...... a light-grey suit?

in

for

with

Q15 - The price of petrol went ..... last week when the Government reduced the price

in

to

down

Q16 - The day the country became a republic went ....... in history

up

down

to

Q17 - It smells awful; I think the milk's gone .......

down

off

out

Q18 - He went ....... his parents' hopes and became a missionary

against

in

To

 

 

 

Q1 - I hate getting ........ early in the winter when it's still dark

on

off

up

Q2 - The local residents are getting ....... a petition to protest about the motorway plans

off

round

up

Q3 - Children mustn't get ....... strangers' cars

in

on

out

Q4 - It took her a long time to get ...... the illness

over

by

in

Q5 - He got ...... the bus and showed his travel pass

in

on

at

Q6 - The thieves got ...... with several thousand pounds

off

on

away

Q7 - The teacher asked them to get ........ the work quietly

on

on with

on to

Q8 - I tried ringing but I couldn't get ...... to her office

through

over

into

Q9 - It took me a long time to get ....... dance music

in

into

by

Q10 - It took him a fortnight to get ....... his pneumonia

through to

over

into

Q11 - I find it very hard to get ..... on my salary

in

over

by

Q12 - The bad news really got him ......

up

down

out

Q13 - The plane didn't get ...... until four in the morning

in

up

by

Q14 - Shall we get ......... for a drink at the weekend?

in

through

together

Q15 - I didn't mean to get you ....... trouble

on

into

onto

Q16 - I usually get ..... work at half past five

on

out

off

Q17 - It didn't take long for the rumour to get ........

around

in

on

Q18 - It took me a long time to get ....... work because the traffic was terrible

to

in

at

Q19 - It's two o'clock; I must get ..... to the office

around

on

back

Q20 - I find it really hard to get ........ to work until I've read the newspaper

down

on

through

Q21 - He got ......... her at the party and they've been lovers ever since

over

up

off with

Q22 - Helen got ........ her bike and rode off

in

on

off

Q23 - I just didn't have time to get ........ to finishing my work

round

over

into

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário